Outreach Strategies and Materials
Connecting Kids to Coverage National Campaign – Outreach Strategies and Materials
This national outreach and enrollment initiative, funded under the Children’s Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act (CHIPRA) and the Affordable Care Act (ACA), reaches out to families with children and teens eligible for Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) to:
- Raise awareness about health coverage available under these programs;
- Create opportunities for families to get their eligible children and teens signed up for coverage;
- Motivate parents to enroll their children and teens and renew their coverage; and
- Provide outreach guides and toolkits that can be used to help states, community organizations, schools, health care providers and others organize and conduct successful outreach activities.
The Campaign lets families know who is eligible, what benefits children can get and how to apply for coverage. View our webinar video from Nov. 15, 2012, which provides some general information about the Campaign.
Interested in learning more about the Connecting Kids to Coverage National Campaign? Need help getting outreach and enrollment activities started?
Contact our Help Desk: 1-855-313-KIDS or email@example.com
The Campaign works with outreach grantees and a variety of partners -- including government agencies, community organizations, health care providers, schools and others -- throughout the nation, with a focus on reaching children and teens who are eligible for Medicaid and CHIP, but are not enrolled.
We can help customize Connecting Kids to Coverage materials for your state or local campaign! Please read our Customization Guide for instructions.
- General Materials
- "Artist" English / "Artist" Spanish / “Artist” Chinese / “Artist” Korean / “Artist” Vietnamese
- "Muddy" English / "Muddy" Spanish / “Muddy” Chinese / “Muddy” Korean / “Muddy” Vietnamese
- "Skateboarder" English / "Skateboarder" Spanish/ “Skateboarder” Chinese/ “Skateboarder” Korean / “Skateboarder” Vietnamese
- "Artist" English / "Artist" Spanish/ “Artist” Chinese / “Artist” Korean / “Artist” Vietnamese
- "Muddy" English / "Muddy" Spanish/ “Muddy” Chinese / “Muddy” Korean/ “Muddy” Vietnamese
- "Skateboarder" English / "Skateboarder" Spanish/ “Skateboarder” Chinese / “Skateboarder” Korean / “Skateboarder” Vietnamese
- Public Service Announcements (PSAs) – For Use Until May 31, 2014
These PSAs can be used to further outreach efforts and help spread the word about Medicaid and CHIP.
- Activity Waves
The Campaign developed outreach materials, training and technical assistance around three waves of activity designed to have a high impact on enrollment and retention of coverage.
- Allergies & Asthma (Recommended Timing: March to May)
- Back-to-School (Recommended Timing: June to August)
- Cold & Flu (Recommended Timing: November to February)
The Connecting Kids to Coverage National Campaign webinars are designed to provide training to outreach grantees and other partners on a variety of topics, such as messaging, media and social media, as well as the Activity Waves.
- Connecting Kids to Coverage National Campaign Notes eNewsletter
Stay informed of upcoming activities via email by signing up for Connecting Kids to Coverage National Campaign Notes. To subscribe:
- Go to: https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/USCMS/subscriber/topics?qsp=CODE_RED
- Enter your email address and click submit
- Follow the instructions on screen
- Click on "Add Subscriptions"
- Go to Medicaid.gov Updates
- Click the box next to: Connecting Kids to Coverage National Campaign Notes
- Outreach Toolkit – Coming Soon!
Additional Campaign Tools
- Join other organizations in helping to find and enroll children who are eligible for Medicaid and CHIP and keeping them covered for as long as they qualify.
- A sampling of promising practices from groups across the country.
Business Outreach Strategies
Community Health Center Outreach Strategies
School Outreach Strategies
Using Technology to Facilitate Outreach
- Promising Tools Fact Sheets
- Text4baby National Partnership Overview – A free national texting service that delivers important health information to pregnant women and mothers. An information card for pregnant women is available in English and Spanish.
Youth Sports Outreach Strategies
- Get Covered. Get in the Game. – A campaign to help kids who want to participate in sports get the health insurance they need to protect them on and off the field.