Outreach Strategies and Materials
Connecting Kids to Coverage National Campaign – Outreach Strategies and Materials
Welcome to the Connecting Kids to Coverage National Campaign!
This national outreach and enrollment initiative, funded under the Children’s Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act (CHIPRA) and the Affordable Care Act (ACA), reaches out to families with children and teens eligible for Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) to:
- Raise awareness about health coverage available under these programs
- Create opportunities for families to get their eligible children and teens signed up for coverage
- Motivate parents to enroll their children and teens and renew their coverage
- Provide outreach guides and toolkits that can be used to help states, community organizations, schools, health care providers and others organize and conduct successful outreach activities
The Campaign lets families know who is eligible, what benefits children can get and how to apply for coverage. Here is some general information about the Campaign:
- Webinar: "Connecting Kids to Coverage Launch" (November 15, 2012)
- General Materials
We can help customize Connecting Kids to Coverage materials for your state or local campaign! Please read our Customization Guide for instructions.
The Focus of Campaign Efforts
The Campaign will work with outreach grantees and a variety of partners -- including government agencies, community organizations, health care providers, schools and others -- throughout the nation, with a focus on states where large numbers of children and teens are eligible for Medicaid and CHIP but are not enrolled. Intensive work will be conducted in the following target areas:
- California: Fresno and Riverside/San Bernardino
- Florida: Orlando and Tampa
- Georgia: Atlanta/Atlanta Suburbs
- New York: Capital District (e.g., counties surrounding Albany)
- Ohio: Cincinnati and Youngstown
- Texas: Dallas and Houston
Three Waves of Campaign Activity
The Campaign will provide outreach materials, training and technical assistance around three waves of activity designed to have a high impact on enrollment and retention of coverage.
Winter Wave (February to March 2013)
- Please see general materials above.
Allergies and Asthma Wave (April to May 2013)
Back-to-School Wave (July to August 2013)
- "Connecting Kids to Coverage Launch" (November 15, 2012)
- "Messages and General Materials" (January 29, 2013)
- "Allergies and Asthma Wave and Partnerships" (February 28, 2013)
"Media Outreach and Digital Engagement" (April 2013)
- "Reaching Hispanic/Latino Audiences" (TBD)
- "Back-to-School Wave" (May 2013)
Interested in learning more about the Connecting Kids to Coverage National Campaign? Need help getting outreach and enrollment activities started?
Contact our Help Desk: 1-855-313-KIDS or firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay informed of upcoming activities via e-mail by signing up for Connecting Kids to Coverage National Campaign Notes. To subscribe:
- Go to: https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/USCMS/subscriber/topics?qsp=CODE_RED
- Enter your email address and click submit
- Follow the instructions on screen
- Click on "Add Subscriptions"
- Go to Medicaid.gov Updates
- Click the box next to: Connecting Kids to Coverage National Campaign Notes
Is your organization up to the Connecting Kids to Coverage Challenge? Join other organizations in helping to find and enroll children who are eligible for Medicaid and CHIP and keeping them covered for as long as they qualify.
Additional Campaign Materials
Business Outreach Strategies
Community Health Center Outreach Strategies
School Outreach Strategies
Using Technology to Facilitate Outreach
- Promising Tools fact sheets
- Text4baby national partnership overview – a free national texting service that delivers important health information to pregnant women and mothers
- Text4baby card – for distribution to mothers and expectant mothers
- Text4baby Spanish card– for distribution to mothers and expectant mothers
Youth Sports Outreach Strategies
- Get Covered. Get in the Game. – a campaign to help kids who want to participate in sports get the health insurance they need to protect them on and off the field